Be part of the team
Project Manager Wanted
Summary of Position
Westbury Montreal, one of the most prestigious projects in Montreal, is growing its construction project management team and is looking for a full-time Project Manager.
Responsible for carrying out the planning, organization, management and supervise construction of a major condominium project, within allotted budgets and deadlines, working in close collaboration the various stakeholders of the company and the subcontractors. Duties will include:
- Create preliminary construction budgets based on data from previous projects, estimated budgets and forecasts of particular requirements for the new project;
- Prepare work schedules and bids and meet with subcontractors during the bidding period;
- Analyze and compare bids;
- Take part in negotiations during the contract signing phase;
- Attend the preliminary design stage with the architect;
- Actively participate in the design phase to produce quality designs that meet budgetary objectives and regulatory requirements;
- Meet with consultants and subcontractors during construction to resolve various issues;
- Provide the necessary information to the city to obtain permits;
- Keep minutes of meetings with subcontractors and consultants;
- Participate in the selection of finishes;
- Review contracts and prepare purchase orders;
- Review and approve shop drawings;
- Calculate quantities for material orders;
- Draw sketches of construction details for effective solutions / implementations on site;
- Support the construction team with varied queries on a daily basis;
- Communicate with the construction team on site to ensure efficiant site management and understanding of design expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction engineering, mechanical engineering or other relevant training;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of the Quebec Building Code, applicable laws and other regulations;
- Knowledge and proficiency in computer tools such as Word, Excel and MS Project; Autocad would be an asset;
- Bilingualism spoken and written (French and English);
- Experience in scope of work preparation and contract award;
- Reading and understanding of structural plans, mechanical, electrical, architecture, sprinklers, etc.
To send your application, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.